The MU Art Show is designed to celebrate the intersection and collaborative nature of creative mediums, to allow for unique networking opportunities throughout the conference, and to provide a free, public event to engage the entire creative community of Des Moines.
MU 2016: Pop-up art show
In conjunction with Music University, our annual fall music industry conference, the Des Moines Music Coalition is hosting a curated pop-up art exhibition at Hill Vintage & Knits on Oct. 1 from 5-7pm! Free admission
Art will be hung throughout the shop and is music- and music industry-themed. The show will be on display Oct. 1-Oct. 6. Drinks for the reception have been generously provided by Coors Light.
The art show will feature many local artists including:
Derek Muse Lambert
If you would like to submit your work for consideration, please read the submission guidelines below:
- The art must be music- or music industry-themed (open for interpretation!)
- Only hanging pieces will be accepted
- Pieces selected for the exhibition must be wired for hanging by the artist and artists will be required to provide a Command strip to hang their work
- Artists must be able to hand-deliver and pick up the artwork (mailed submissions will not be accepted)
Submissions will be accepted now through Monday, Sept. 19, 2016 at 5:00pm CST. Artists will be notified shortly after of acceptance.
To apply, please submit the following information:
- Artist name
- Title of the work
- Photograph(s) of the work with the filename to include the artist's last name and title of the work
- If your work is for sale, please include your contact information and pricing information
Please email questions and submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
***Artists are not limited to the number of music-themed submissions
***Please note this is a curated exhibition and not all pieces are guaranteed acceptance